Monday, August 22, 2011

A tribute to Jack Layton. RIP (July 18, 1955-Aug 22, 2011)

As of today, Jack Layton has passed away after his long battle with cancer. Leaving behind his beautiful, strong, courageous wife Olivia Chow.  Huge condolences go out to his wife and their family. They are a beautiful family and beautiful people. I wish them all the strength and love in the world to get through this hard time. Toronto ♥'s YOU.

Who is Jack Layton to you? Besides my city's (Toronto) NDP Leader for 8 years, he was a role model for society and a friend to many.  To me personally, he was the man I voted for, had much respect for and the only person in politics I believed in.  I felt better about Canadian politics knowing he was apart of it.

An exert from his final letter, to Young Canadians: "I believe in you. Your energy, your vision, your passion for justice are exactly what this country needs today. You need to be at the heart of our economy, our political life, and our plans for the present and the future."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."  RIP Jack Layton.

No comments:

Post a Comment