Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Staceyann Chin at Ryerson University!!

Last week was International Womens Day, Staceyann Chin flew into Toronto to do a spoken word poetry reading on the Ryerson University campus.  If you dont already know who Staceyann Chin is, you must find out.  She is amazing and her memior she wrote about her life is deep.  It was the book of the summer last summer for us and I learned so much, her words, both written and spoken were so real and meaningful.....you could feel her pain, her passion and her honesty on every page, through every breath.  It was wonderful to meet her and talk to her.. and her best friend Raquel (who actually took the picture of us!).  She also signed our books (well a sticker for me cuz I lent out my book and cant find it). For those who dont know but are interested, the book is called The Other Side of Paradise. HUGE shoutouts and thank yous to Ryerson University for putting this event together. Photo: My two best friends, Staceyann and I
 Here are two videos I took that night. Much love and respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment